A while back I posted how to get your freebie onto your website to entice sign up. I got some questions from folks who want to know exactly how to set up their sign up forms in Mailchimp – so here is a brief instruction (note: you can click on each image to see full size view):
1. Go to the “List” tab and click on “Create List”
2. Fill out all the information in the “Set Up Your New List” page
3. When your list is created, now you click on “create a sign up form”
4. Enter information for each of these forms:
If you are using a free gift to entice sign up, you would include a download link in the Conformation Thank You Page and the Final Welcome Email. See this post for more details.
I recommend that you make “Email Adress” and “First Name” required fields.
5. After you are happy with what you are telling people in this form (note: tell them they are getting a freebie, don’t just say sign up for my newsletter!), click on the “share” tab then the “Create HTML code” button.
6. Choose “Classic Form” and then set your parameters:
7. Click on the “Create Embed Code” button, copy that big chunk o’ code:
8. Now we will get that code onto your website. I recommend this to be the first item on your sidebar (if you can put to onto your masthead, even better. But if you are using the IIN website, you can’t)
Click on the “html” button and paste the code into the html view.
Hit “update”, then “save sidebar” (if you are using the IIN site) – then you are set!
9. Don’t forget to TEST! Go through the entire sign up and download process yourself to make sure that the entire process is what you want your peeps to experience.
Your head spinning? Want someone to do the heavy lifting for you? I can Hook Up Your Freebie for you in no time!