Your unique selling proposition, or USP, shows how you are different from your competitors. It tells your target market why they have to buy from you, instead of from your competitors or doing nothing at all. This is an integral part in creating a solid foundation for your marketing communication, so that you are clear about your message – boosting the effectiveness of your marketing effort.
Good news – you don’t have to be unique to the entire world. You just have to position yourself and your services as unique to your target audience. In what areas are you better than anyone else? Does your service offer an unusual combination of modalities or approaches? Does your life experience allow you to offer a unique perspective, or connect with your audience on a deeper level? Do you provide exclusive services? Maybe you have a special and effective way of approaching your coaching that move people out of inaction?
- Why should people do business with YOU?
- Why should people do business with YOU over doing nothing at all?
Here are a few questions to help you think about crafting your USP statement:
- What are you better at than anyone else? What makes you remarkable?
E.g. your personal experience that is relevant to your target market; the experience that you have from your previous career; you provide a unique/unusual combination of modalities.
- What do people hate about your industry? And how you are avoiding bringing that experience to your clients.
- Do you provide exclusive, member-only experience? E.g. a member site with forum, group support, and all their health questions answered by you within 24 hours.
- Do you add a lot of value by providing a load of content and relevant information?
- Does your service offer unusual combination of elements? (e.g. yoga for plumbers)
- How does your personality/persona distinguish you from the pack? (think, there is only one Oprah…)
After you figure out how you are different from the pack, you can leverage this uniqueness to attract clients who are looking for specific type of products or services.
Ready to create a solid foundation to grow your business using online tools? Download the FREE Claim Your Freedom Training Audio and see how the upcoming Claim Your Freedom :: Build a Solid Coaching Business Online with Grace and Ease coaching program can help set you up for success.