Content Marketing, simply put, is an umbrella term encompassing all marketing formats that involve the creation and sharing of content in order to engage current and potential consumer bases. Content marketing subscribes to the notion that delivering high quality, relevant and valuable information to prospects and customers drives profitable consumer action. Content marketing has benefits in terms of retaining reader attention and improving brand loyalty. (Definition from Wikipedia)
Content marketing can help you build meaningful relationship with your current and potential clients; expand your reach to attract new subscribers; and position yourself as the expert – if done correctly.
However, just “throwing spaghetti on the wall” with random, generic content that is all over the place once in a while is simply not enough anymore. You need to integrate your content generation and sharing into your marketing calendar so that it helps you attract your ideal clients, support your other marketing efforts such as events, as well as product and program launches.
Here are a few strategies to up-level your content marketing effort:
- Plan the frequency that you share your content, and be consistent so that your fans know when to expect new content and visit your blog, FB page etc. to look for updates. I recommend my clients to share some content – even a small piece of tip – at least once a week. **A monthly newsletter with an article is simply not enough to put you at the top of people’s mind!**
- Write once, post in multiple venues – write a blog post, use it in your weekly (yes, weekly) newsletter, post the link on social media, share it in message boards, break out the content into tweets to use for the rest of the week (and of course link back to the article)… you get the idea.
- Create a series – instead of a long, drawn out article on a topic, break it up into shorter posts and create a series out of it. You can orchestrate the series into these components: defining the problem, explain why your audience should care (these two set the stage so readers will come back to look for solution), and then a few posts on solution, focusing on actionable tips that people can apply right away and see good results. Also, don’t forget to mention that if your readers want more, they can check out your products or programs. Make sure you note that the article is part of a series so that people know to check back for more.
- Connect with your audience by relating the topic to your personal experience and add a pinch of personal flare!
- Instead of a pack of articles that touches on a little of every wellness topic, we have created content packages each focusing on a specific topic so that you can use every article and really work toward positioning yourself as the expert in that topic.
- Each content package contains 5 articles, which allows you to create a series that entice readers to come back for more.
- At $15 for 5 articles, you can get yourself enough articles to post every week!
- Each article package provides guidelines on how to maximize your exposure and placeholder text to help you personalize your content to build relationship with your audience and to promote your products and programs.
- And we don’t leave you hanging! Most of our content packages have a corresponding Done-For-You Workshop Presentation and/or Done-For-You Home Study Program that explores the topic in greater details. So at the end of each article, you can promote your workshop, teleseminar, or information product – all without breaking a sweat, knowing that we have you covered!
Yep, all that, just $15 for 5 articles – how long does it take for you to write an article? How much time can you save? Unless you tell me you charge $10 an hour and type at super human speed, I bet you have better things to do! Get’em now!