If you are selling programs and products on your website, your sales copy is likely to be the main/only channel through which your potential buyer will learn about your offerings. Besides providing details of what your product and program is about, your sales copy should also answer any objections that you may anticipate your prospects may throw at you. Since in most cases, you won’t have the chance to have a conversation to address any concerns, questions or objections, your sales copy should cover as much as possible. You can integrate this content you’re your sales copy, create a separate FAQ page or an FAQ section on the sales page for this content, and you can keep adding to it as you hear from more folks what their main concerns are around your offering.
Here are 7 common objections that can help you get started:
- You don’t really understand my problem – make them feel like you understand exactly what it’s like to be them. Tell a personal story that relates to their circumstances. Pay attention not to trivialize their problems.
- How do I know that you are qualified – besides the many letters that come after your name, show them you have been doing this for a while, and are able to create results. E.g. share client testimonials.
- I don’t believe you – there are a lot of hype out there, so how can you increase your credibility? You can share client testimonials, or articles you wrote that appeared in other websites or magazines.
- I don’t need it right now – show them why now is the perfect time to do it, and get the results they want now.
- It won’t work for me (my situation is different) – show them why it will work for them… the process works for those in similar situations, show case studies.
- What happens if I don’t like it (buyer’s remorse) – provide risk reversal (e.g. money back guarantee)
- I can’t afford it – communicate the value, return on investment, or cost of not taking action.
Stop sweating over product launch! Get the Killer Sales Page Template and the Product/Program Launch Timeline Template to fast track your implementation!