If you have seen a few products or program launches, you probably realize that most people use a preview call or webinar to kick off the launch, drive traffic and create buzz.
Preview call helps you introduce your program to your potential clients and allow them a chance to get to know you and your materials better. It is a great way to build and enhance the “Know, Like and Trust” factor, and whet your audience’s appetite for more knowledge that you are providing in your product.
Here are the 6 elements to include in any preview call to help you engage your audience and increase sales:
- Your story – it’s a great way to give your audience a chance to get to know and like you, thereby building trust. Remember, emotion is what drives decision making. Make sure you tell a story that is related to the product or program you are offering, and is relevant to your target audience.
- Your target audience’s pain point – tap into the emotions and what the cost is of not taking action.
- Valuable content – people are taking time out of their day to listen to you, you want to give them something valuable. This segment should take up the largest proportion of your call. The content should be relevant to the program/product that you are launching, and you want to whet your listeners’ appetite. Some people are afraid of giving away the farm, but know that there are so much more than just content people are buying from you. You actually want to make people think “if her free content is this good, I wonder what I can get when I pay for her program or product.”
One way to go about “not giving away the farm” is to focus on building awareness around the problem that your program is designed to solve – until people recognize that they have this problem and this problem is causing them pain, your program is irrelevant to them. In this case, your content can focus on the “what” and the “why”. When you get to the “how”, give your audience one or two action steps that they can try easily and see results right away. By following your advice and getting results, they will see you as credible and someone who can lead them to success.
- Your program or product – highlight the benefits and results of your offering, again, tap into the emotions of having the pain removed or resolved.
- Social proof – testimonials and success story. You can even invite your clients to tell their stories on the call.
- Motivator – give people reason to act right away. E.g. limited time or quality bonuses, early bird pricing. You can even do a “door prize” – such as a special discount – for people who are live on the call. You can announce that you are giving away a “door prize” ahead of time so that people will actually dial in live. (Think how many times you have signed up for a call, download the recording and never “get around” to it!)
To go the extra mile, engage your audience on the call by creating a worksheet that they can fill out during the call, and/or open the call to Q&A.
Want to launch your own products or program in record time? Check out our Done-For-You Program/Info Product.
Need more tools for product and program launch? Look up our Killer Sales Page Template and Product/Program Launch Timeline Template – no more excuses! Start launching, stop procrastinating!