You have been connecting with people on LinkedIn, and you have dutifully filled out your profile. You even have your professional-looking picture uploaded (you did, right?) Now what?
- Set up a company profile with a logo, detailed description of your offerings and links to your website. (www.LinkedIn.com/companies)
- Ask for recommendations – good recommendations can boost your credibility. You will have the chance to review the recommendations before they are posted on your profile.
- Join groups – those with people in the same field as you are, as well as those where your potential clients hang out. Participate in-group discussions – position yourself as an expert by providing value and sharing your content (e.g. links to your blog posts).
- Participate in LinkedIn Answers (www.linkedin.com/answers) – again, this will help boost your expert status and you can connect with people who are looking for exactly what you have to offer.
- Explore apps that will help you power up your profile. E.g. WordPress displays your latest blog if you have a wordpress site; Tweets shows your tweets on your profile; Polls allows you to conduct a survey to better understand the needs of your niche.
Want more tips on social media? Watch out for the “80+ Things You Can Do Right Now To Boost Your Social Media Presence” Guide that is coming out soon in our Online Marketing Awesomeness series.