Do you know that 80% of Americans fail to follow through and achieve their New Year Resolutions?
What has been your success rate in the past? Do you want to be the successful 20% who stick with it and make your health and wellness goals a reality?
The key to successfully achieving your goals is not simply how hard you work or how strong your willpower is – although these are important components, you also need to structure your goals in a way such that you are setting yourself up for success, find the right motivation to carry you through the rough patches, having someone to help you honestly track your progress and hold you accountable for progress and results.
Here are 5 things that you can do right away to set yourself up for success and start cracking before the ball drops for 2012:
1. Set S.M.A.R.T. goals – your goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound.
2. Dig deep, ask yourself the bigger why – don’t settle with the first answer, keep asking why you want to achieve a certain goal. The deeper you dig, the bigger the reason behind your desire, the more likely you will stick with it.
3. Take baby steps – break down your goals into small, simple steps. Now you have a plan of action, and you also make a big project that may seem daunting at first a lot more attainable.
4. Assume total responsibility – no more victim mentality. No more blame-game. You are responsible for creating your own reality. Keep track and be accountable for your outcomes.
5. Celebrate every little success! – acknowledge the effort you put into your work, and acknowledge the progress you have made everyday.
As you can see, having clarity around your goals and desires, a clear and practical plan of action, the ability to track your progress and the accountability to hold you responsible for your results are critical to success. If you are ready to GET OUT THERE and MAKE IT BIG in 2012, and take massive action to make your goals a reality, see what our Kick Your Butt “Get **it Done” Coaching Program has in stock for you.
Taking action is the first step to success – what are you waiting for?