Blogging gives you a great opportunity to present yourself and your brand in an authentic and personable way, and allows you to speak directly to your potential and existing clients and customers.
Here are a few ideas to use your blog to grow your biz:
- Post articles that showcase your expertise to position you as a credible expert in your specialty and build the “trust” factor.
- Answer frequently asked questions on your posts. Whenever you are asked those questions again or see them pop up in places such as LinkedIn or Facebook groups, you can simply direct people to that post. Not only you don’t have to repeat yourself, you are also driving traffic back to your website.
- Share your latest products and services. You can write an article on the problems that your products/services are designed to address, and explain why they need to be solved. You can provide valuable content while creating demands for your products and services. Of course, at the end of the post, include a link to the products or services that you are offering, with a brief description.
- Create a series – instead of a long, drawn out article on a topic, break it up into shorter posts and create a series out of it. You can orchestrate the series into these components: defining the problem, explain why your audience should care (these two set the stage so readers will come back to look for solution), and then a few posts on solution, focusing on actionable tips that people can apply right away and see good results. Also, don’t forget to mention that if your readers want more, they can check out your products or programs. Make sure you note that the article is part of a series so that people know to check back for more. Again, this will encourage people to come back and drive traffic to your website.
- If you have a wordpress site (best for SEO), look for SEO plug-ins such as All-In-One SEO or Yaost. Make sure you fill out the data, such as keyword, SEO title and meta description. This will help your search engine ranking and drive traffic to your website.
Want more tips on social media? Watch out for the “80+ Things You Can Do Right Now To Boost Your Social Media Presence” Guide that is coming out soon in our Online Marketing Awesomeness series. Right now, you can grab the “20 Tips to Successful Product/Program Creation” Guide, join the Online Marketing Awesomeness Tribe, and get discounts on upcoming guides, tools and programs!